The Mission of the Household Embassy Movement is to...
Guiding Principles Behind Our Mission:
- Trust in Jesus enough to actually obey Him.
- Live intentionally as ambassadors for Christ.
- Use our household as an embassy of Christ's kingdom on earth.
- Encourage others to do likewise.
We hold the following statements to be true and worthy of acceptance by all believers in Jesus Christ:
- To be a believer in Jesus Christ means that we trust in the goodness and wisdom of who He is as God the Son and depend on the sufficiency of what He has done for us by dying in our place on the cross and then rising from the dead as the promised King of kings and Lord of lords.
- Any supposed faith that does not produce corresponding actions is not really faith. Therefore, true believers trust in Jesus to such a degree that we are willing to turn away from our old selfish ways to actually obey Jesus command to love one another. All else is false religion.
- Jesus prime directive to all who trust in Him is love, known also as "The Golden Rule," which is simply to do for others what we would have others do for us in similar circumstances, knowing what we know to be in their best interests. All acts of charity that ignore this guiding principle are ultimately harmful to everyone involved.
- The Kingdom of God comes in power today wherever the will of God is being done on earth as it is in heaven, joyfully from a heart of faith that trusts in the goodness and wisdom of God enough to actually obey Jesus as Lord.
- Only believers in Jesus Christ have been born again into the eternal family of God and thus transferred out of the kingdoms of this world into the Kingdom of Christ.
- It is the privilege and responsibility of every believer in Jesus to bear good fruit in their moral character and to be wholeheartedly devoted to doing good works for the glory of God and the good of others.
- As fellow subjects of Christ in the kingdom of God on earth we are in reality ambassadors for Christ who have received the Great Commission to proclaim the good news concerning Jesus Christ and His kingdom to everyone.
- Ultimate authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Jesus Christ alone and He has delegated to every believer only as much authority as is needed to fulfill their Great Commission as Ambassadors for Christ to proclaim the good news.
- With all due respect and deference to the lesser authorities in the family, the church and the state at any given time and place, believers in Christ as ambassadors for Christ must obey God rather than man.
- As ambassadors for Christ God intends for all of us to use our own households as embassies of the kingdom of God on earth—actual places where others may “taste and see that the Lord is good.”
- Our household includes all that we own, or have legal control over, including our home, family, possessions, business and social interests in this world. Jesus Christ is Lord over all that we have.
- Effective evangelism is primarily the fruit of an admirable way of life as an ambassador for Christ and not normally an artificial institutional program. Our greatest successes spring from a heart of faith in our message presented in the context of generous hospitality.
- God provides for the establishment and maintenance of every believer's household as His embassy in this world by means of honest work by which we are intended to do well for ourselves by doing good for others. It is both wise and good for fellow believers to support one another in our various business interests in our community.
- Managing our household as an embassy of God's kingdom is God’s normal way of training and raising up believers to be good and wise members and leaders in business, church and community life.
- It is the responsibility of every local church to equip its members to live effectively as ambassadors for Christ whose lives display the goodness and wisdom of God in their own families, homes, businesses, ministries and community service in this world.
- By exerting our firm but loving reforming influence on the institutions of family, church and civic community around us every believer is intended to be the salt and the light of the world until Jesus returns at the end of this age.
Questions & Comments are welcome at email@example.com